Friday evening fire damages home on SW Western Ave; no injuries reported

Topeka, KANSAS – According to the Topeka Fire Department, this unfortunate incident occurred around 8:11 p.m. Friday.

It happened on SW Western Ave.

Topeka Fire Department crews responded to a report of a residential structure fire.

The responding crews saw flames and smoke coming from the home.

They were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported, TFD officials said.

Their preliminary investigation shows it as an accidental fire due to a malfunction of a wood-burning stove.

The fire reportedly caused $18,000 worth of damage.

This is a developing story and it will be updated as new information become available.