Fire crews respond to house fire on Tecumseh Road

Manhattan, KANSAS – According to the Manhattan Fire Department, this unfortunate incident occurred around 5:45 p.m. Saturday.

It happened on Tecumseh Road.

Manhattan Fire Department crews responded to a report of a house fire.

The responding crews discovered that the fire had spread throughout the main floor of the one-story home.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire in 15 minutes.

Officials said that one of the residents was taken to a hospital with possible smoke inhalation caused by the house fire.

One of the fire fighters suffered minor injuries and was taken to a hospital for treatment.

This incident remains under investigation.

This is a developing story and it will be updated as new information become available.