A 17-year-old girl has died after her home caught fire from a grease pan left on the stove

KANSAS – According to the officials, the teenager died at the hospital from smoke inhalation.

She was studying in her bedroom when she saw smoke and alerted her grandmother.

When the first responders arrived at scene, they learned the teenager was trapped in a back bedroom. 

Firefighters found the girl and pulled her from the burning duplex. She was taken to the hospital where she died. 

No one else was hurt.